Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another down day in my education

Today i lost $180 of my equity because i was not patient and held a large position that i couldn't managed if the trade went against me. Early morning i was long 300shrs of TNA. At the time the stock met some of my criteria and decided to go long. I was correct on the trade but because i was too impatient and was focusing too much time on my level two quote and P&L i was shaken out of the position when the stock had a .15cent move to the upside and down side.

300shrs was too many shares to start testing the trade. I could have done it easier with 100shrs and add more once i received additional confirmation that the stock was going to move higher.

Summary

1. Position size - i went in too aggressively early in the trade with 300shrs without waiting for additional confirmation. This will cause me to take losses bc of the risk to the down side with max leverage.

2. Charts / Candle - i didn't pay close attention to the candles and moving averages. I need to focus more on this before making any final decision on whether to exit or enter a position.

3. Level 2 & Open P&L - I need to stop focusing on the stock price tick by tick, i need to focus more on the chart set-ups and candle closes.

No comments: